I was experimenting with something for work the other day, and ended up with these suggestions for use with the German trailer for the final Twilight film, due for release soon. If it’s of any use to anyone, feel free to help yourselves!
Don’t tell pupils what the film is – see if they can work it out before the trailer is played!
- Sorting activity:
- Either: give pupils the sheet (download below) and ask them to cut them up into tiles Or: cut them up yourself first.
- Play the trailer without showing it (ie switch project/computer screen off). Pupils listen and organise the text pieces into the order in which they hear them spoken.
- Ask pupils to use dictionaries to look up selected words.
- Ask pupils to pick out things from the text, eg:
- past participles
- future tense
- verb endings
- adjective endings
- Show the trailer with the sound muted and ask pupils to write what they think they would hear, or write subtitles.
- Ask pupils to act out the text in time with the trailer.
- Pupils write and act out their own scenes based on the characters from the film.